Four Bottles and Some Particles

One of the first particle paintings, "Four Bottles and Some Particles" charts the path of light as it cascades in and around four bottles sitting on the ledge of my window. The whole "light as object" thing I'm still pretty proud of because it was an intuitive step beyond the two-dimensional and three-dimensional geometry that I had been working with (i.e. some physicists think that light is a manifestation of the fifth dimension)... Which came first, the science or the art? For me, it is the observation that comes first, the explanation second...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Have you thought about posting your art at www.wetcanvas.com

People will comment and get people to visit your blog.

At my blog I try to post one painting a day also.

I like your still lifes and the rooster drawing.